Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Eggers Style" Burgers



The grilling season is here!  I never order a burger at a restaurant, for a few reasons, but I love a home made burger on the grill.

You're probably wondering... what's Eggers Style?  Well, meet the Eggers...

Mr.
Or perhaps here's a better one of him and My Mr.


Mrs. (the red-haired one) and Child #1

I'm so sorry, I don't have a picture of Child #2.


These are our "holiday friends".  We don't see each other a lot throughout the year, but we've sort of fell in to this pattern where we see each other every Christmas Eve, July 4th, and this year we added Easter.  :-)  While searching for photos to introduce you to them I realized, I don't have very many photos of this family that we love.

Anyway, this year on Easter, the Eggers invited us over for a "non-traditional" Easter dinner.  Their words, not mine.  Actually they wanted to get together not on a holiday, but Easter was right around the corner, so we sort of invited ourselves for that day.  It seemed appropriate.

For dinner, we had the option of a plain hamburger or an Eggers Style hamburger.  And because they were so good, I decided the next time I made burgers it would be this way.

Ingredients:
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 1/2 cups spinach
1 cup of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
4-6 cloves crushed garlic

You can add or subtract any of the flavorings.  I didn't really get a measured recipe from the Mrs.,  so I just sort of eyeballed it, and this is what I think my measurements were.  We like garlic, and I could taste it.

Mix all the ingredients together and form hamburger patties.  I made 8 burgers from 2 lbs of beef.


Grill them up to perfection and serve with your favorite toppings!




What's YOUR favorite way to eat a burger?  I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Chellie

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! They really are. I'm craving summer now!

      Delete
  2. Hi Chellie, I just bounced over here from Blogelina. These burgers look so good! I will have to pass on this recipe to my husband. He loves to experiment with hamburger recipes and I'm sure he would enjoy this. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear about your husbands burger creations. :-) BTW... beautiful blog you have.

      Delete